7-Stage In-process Quality Assurance
The Quality of the product is monitored throughout the entire process and ensured that only good products are passing through the final stages and reach the Customer.
Filtering occurs during
- Product Selection
Spices testing is done across various spice quality testing parameters that include the likes of checking Physical Parameters, Microbial Parameters, Residue content, Toxins Screening, Metal screening.
To name a few, the following parameters are tested :-
- Acid insoluble ash
- Non-volatile ether extract
- Coal tar dyes
- Total ash
- Crude fiber
- Scoville index
- Extraneous matter
- These tests are carried out in order to access the presence of fungus, E.coli, and assessment .
- The results show products have no presence of E.coli and clean from any other micro-organisms and safe for food contact.
Presence of heavy metals testing
- These tests are carried out in order to find the presence of metals like Iron, Lead, Copper, Zinc, and Aluminium Phosphide.
- The results show the heavy metal presence is below detectable level and safe for food contact.
To summarize, Quality assurance in the spice industry is met through four main stages:
- By managing the cultivation and harvesting practices
- Strict spice quality inspection during procurement
- Strictly monitoring the processing methods that are used in the production unit
- Ensuring spices testing is done appropriately during packaging and storing processes